What I’m Reading Right Now is a list of the books I’m reading at the moment, with some thoughts about them. I’ll also put links to the review page if there is one for that book. I generally have more than one book on the go at once, mainly because I read different books according to my mood.
- The Scramble for Africa by Thomas Pakenham. A book from my Not Read list.
- The Arabian Nights. A selection of stories from The Thousand Nights and a Night translated by Richard Burton (the explorer, not the actor). A book from my Not Read list.
- The Horologicon: A Day’s Jaunt through the Lost Words of the English Language. It’s a book I dip into when I have a few spare moments, like while I’m waiting for my husband when I’m out somewhere.
- Vanity Fair by William Makepeace Thackeray.
- Tai-Pan by James Clavell
- The Duchess by Amanda Foreman. The life of Georgiana, duchess of Devonshire.